Bed and Breakfast Policies
Information for your stay and reservation.
Full complimentary breakfast is served at 8:30 am, a second seating will be at 9:30 am, when necessary.
Enjoy our beautiful grounds with flower gardens and herb gardens, gazebo, lighted walkways, fountains & many seating areas. View working Amish farm at back fence.
- Our couples oriented B&B and its antique decor is only appropriate for adults and children over age 12. We do have cottages in a separate building that can accomodate families with children of any age. Breakfast for families with children under 12 will be served breakfast in the cottage.
Room rates are listed with each individual room and are published at our current rates. Weekends are Fri, Sat. Weekdays are Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs.
A two night minimum stay requirement on weekends from May 1 through December 31. Certain Holidays will also require a two night minimum. You may always check for last minute availability for one night stays.
Each additional person in a room (room size permitting) over the regular double occupancy will be charged $25.00 per night.
Check-in time is after 3pm and we prefer before 7pm. Special arrangements can be made with advance notice.
Check-out time is by 11am.
- In addition to our guestroom accommodations , we also have country cottage rentals available.
Smoking is not permitted inside any of our buildings. (Smoking is permitted outdoors in designated areas.)
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate pets.
Since we are a small business, last minute cancellations affect us greatly, therefore we ask for your understanding when we must adhere to the following policy:
A valid Credit Card number on file required to secure reservation.
No cancellation fees if canceled at least two weeks prior to reservation. A fee of $35 will be charged when canceled between two weeks and five days prior to your reservation. Cancellations within five days of reservation will be charged one night at the room's rate. Cancellations on day of arrival will be charged the full reservation.
Large Groups Policy
(Weddings, Family Reunions, Corporate Events, Etc)
- We would like to welcome your large group to the After Eight Bed & Breakfast. So that all our guests can enjoy their stay we ask that you conform to the following policies:
- Large groups are defined as groups that require five (5) or more rooms rented by (or on behalf of) the same party or event (wedding, family reunion, corporate event, etc.). All large group rentals must be pre-approved at the time of reservation (to avoid confusion later).
- There is a requirement of an advance and non-refundable (except as noted below) payment of 50% (one half) of the total anticipated room rental and local tax and service fee (10%) for multi-night stays; the remainder is due at check-in. The balance will be charged on a credit card used to secure the reservation. For one (1) night large group stays, we require 100% of the amount (also non-refundable) be paid at time of reservation.
- Cancellations that are made 60 days or more before the scheduled group arrival will result in partial refund of the advance payment, minus a charge of $25.00 per room (to cover administrative costs).
- Partial cancellations and changes of reservation dates may not be accepted due to availability and minimum stay requirements. Refunds for early departures or partial cancellations (minus a $25 per room fee) will only be made after the room has been rebooked for the previously reserved days.